Ingrown toe Nails.
Ingrown toenails Develop when the sides of the toenail grow into the surrounding skin. The big toe is often affected, either on one or both sides. The nail curls and pierces the skin, which becomes red, swollen and tender
If left untreated, an ingrown toenail can become infected, so it’s important that you:
• keep your feet clean and change your socks regularly
• cut your toenails straight across to stop them digging into the surrounding skin
• gently push the skin away from the nail using a cotton bud
• wear comfortable shoes that fit properly
• Surgery may be recommended if your toenail doesn’t improve. Depending on the severity of your symptoms, this may involve removing part or all of the toenail
We will usually resolve ingrown nail problems with careful nail cutting and advise.However, in some caes we recommend a permanent solution to resolve this painful condition. The video below shows you more about the procedure, but be warned that it is not for the sensitive!